Transition to boards coated with "immersion gold" technology
The Rustechnology company has completely switched over to the use in the production process of printed circuit boards with a finish coating made using immersion gilding technology. These boards are now used in all lines of devices manufactured by our company: industrial telemetry units BBT-1/2/3, wireless telemetry units for the utility sector BBT-4/5/6, stand-alone pressure and temperature sensors of the BBT-DDT series.
Immersion gold (ENIG) is the chemical deposition of a gold layer on a nickel sublayer. One of the main alternatives to HASL technology. It is a top coat of the Ni / Au family (Immersion Gold + Electroless Nickel). The basic thickness of the gold layer is 0.05-0.1 microns, nickel is 3-7 microns. The material meets all the mandatory requirements of the EU RoHS directive.
Benefits of using:
- Immersion gold is a safe, lead-free finish.
- Allows additional in-circuit testing.
- Create perfectly flat, smooth pads.
- Provides good solderability and high surface conductivity.
- The material is durable and is not susceptible to ionic contamination, does not oxidize.
- It can be applied to components with a small pitch (0.4-0.5 mm), using various types of soldering (including multiple ones) and mounting methods (for example, bonding crystals).